Food Animal News, Posts and Blogs
- March 19, 2019 - New steps to strengthen FDA’s food safety program for 2020 and beyond.
- March 9, 2019 - USDA and FDA Announce Formal Agreement to Regulate Livestock and Poultry Cell-Cultured Foods
- November 30, 2018 - FSIS Releases Annual Plans on Microbiological and Chemical Residue Sampling Programs
- October 9, 2018 -
Virbac AH, Inc. has requested the FDA withdraw approval of several NADAs because the products are no longer manufactured or marketed.
- September 26, 2018 - Pfizer suspends opioid sales to veterinarians and doesn't anticipate resuming sales to veterinary customers before May 2019.
- September 26, 2018 - The FDA moves to modify the conditional drug approval process to include new animal drugs intended to treat serious or life-threatening diseases or to treat diseases that are particularly difficult to study.
- August 23, 2018 - Drs. Lisa Tall and Krysta Martin interviewed with the Chicken Whisperer.
Listen to their discussion on Poultry Drugs, Egg Withdrawals, Off Label Use, and Veterinary Oversight
- April 9, 2018 - The sponsors of NADA's 047-055, 104-606, and 139-633 request the FDA withdraw these products because they are no longer manufactured or marketed.
- March 2, 2018 - FDA posted the Voluntary Withdrawal of Cupric Glycinate, NADA 031-971.
- January 30, 2018 - FDA and USDA announce formal agreement to bolster coordination and collaboration.
- January 10, 2018 - The USDA drafts rule for eggs, egg substitutes used in many foods.
- December 21, 2017 - The FDA provides Free-Choice Feeding Options for Anaplasmosis Control in Cattle
- December 18, 2017 - The FDA provides FAQ on "Using Medically Important Antimicrobials in Bees"
- December 7, 2017 - The FDA released summary of sales and distribution for antimicrobial drugs approved for use in food-producing animals.
- December 5, 2017 - GenX Compound found in honey in North Carolina
- November 29, 2017 - Tennessee man sentenced for conspiring to defraud the FDA.
- October 23, 2017 - FDA Releases 2015 NARMS Integrated Report.
- October 23, 2017 - Investigators found medicated animals bearing potentially harmful drug residues.
- September 13, 2017 - FDA warns beef and seafood processors their distribution is not in compliance with the law.
- August 14, 2017 - FDA proposes biomass method to obtain animal antimicrobial sales and distribution data based on animal species and weight.
- July 25, 2017 - FDA approves the first pain control medication for cattle.