Food Animal News, Posts and Blogs
- October 9, 2018 - Virbac AH, Inc. has requested the
FDA withdraw approval of the NADAs
011–779, 040–205, 042–116, 043–215, 046–700, 091–260, 097–258, 102–942, 113–748, 135–941, 136–116, and 140–869
because the products are no longer manufactured or marketed.
- September 26, 2018 - Pfizer suspends opioid sales to veterinarians and doesn't anticipate resuming sales to veterinary customers before May 2019.
- September 26, 2018 - The FDA moves to modify the conditional drug approval process to include new animal drugs intended to treat serious or life-threatening diseases or to treat diseases that are particularly difficult to study.
- August 23, 2018 - Drs. Lisa Tall and Krysta Martin interviewed with the Chicken Whisperer.
Listen to their discussion on Poultry Drugs, Egg Withdrawals, Off Label Use, and Veterinary Oversight
- April 9, 2018 - The sponsors of NADA's 047-055, 104-606, and 139-633 request the FDA withdraw these products because they are no longer manufactured or marketed.
- March 2, 2018 - FDA posted the Voluntary Withdrawal of Cupric Glycinate, NADA 031-971.
- January 30, 2018 - FDA, USDA announce formal agreement to bolster coordination and collaboration.
- January 10, 2018 - USDA drafts rule for eggs, egg substitutes used in many foods.
- December 21, 2017 - FDA provides Free-Choice Feeding Options for Anaplasmosis Control in Cattle
- December 18, 2017 - FDA provides FAQ on "Using Medically Important Antimicrobials in Bees"
- December 7, 2017 - FDA released summary of sales and distribution for antimicrobial drugs approved for use in food-producing animals.
- December 5, 2017 - GenX Compound found in honey in North Carolina
- November 29, 2017 - Tennessee man sentenced for conspiring to defraud the FDA.
- October 23, 2017 - FDA Releases 2015 NARMS Integrated Report.
- October 23, 2017 - Investigators found medicated animals bearing potentially harmful drug residues.
- September 13, 2017 - FDA warns beef and seafood processors their distribution is not in compliance with the law.
- August 14, 2017 - FDA proposes biomass method to obtain animal antimicrobial sales and distribution data based on animal species and weight.
- July 25, 2017 - FDA approves the first pain control medication for cattle.