Food Animal News, Posts and Blogs
- August 1, 2019 - FDA Makes Certain Medicated Feed-Related Information More Accessible and User-Friendly
- July 26, 2019 - FDA Approves Additional Indications for 35% PEROX-AID (hydrogen peroxide) for Use in Certain Finfish
- July 8, 2019 - FDA Approves First Generic Monensin for Use in Cattle and Goats, Reminds Users of Toxicity for Horses
- May 14, 2019 - FDA Announces Public Meeting on Alternative Approaches in Clinical Investigations for New Animal Drugs
- April 30, 2019 - FDA Withdraws Outdated Compliance Policy Guides on Use of Certain Animal-Derived Materials in Animal Food
- April 3, 2019 - FDA Posts Adverse Event Report Data for Animal Drugs and Devices Used in Animals to Increase Transparency
- March 27, 2019 - FDA Issues Revised Question & Answer Draft Guidance on Veterinary Feed Directive Regulation
- March 19, 2019 - New steps to strengthen FDA’s food safety program for 2020 and beyond.
- March 9, 2019 - USDA and FDA Announce Formal Agreement to Regulate Livestock and Poultry Cell-Cultured Foods
- November 30, 2018 - FSIS Releases Annual Plans on Microbiological and Chemical Residue Sampling Programs
- October 9, 2018 -
Virbac AH, Inc. has requested the FDA withdraw approval of several NADAs because the products are no longer manufactured or marketed.
- September 26, 2018 - Pfizer suspends opioid sales to veterinarians and doesn't anticipate resuming sales to veterinary customers before May 2019.
- September 26, 2018 - The FDA moves to modify the conditional drug approval process to include new animal drugs intended to treat serious or life-threatening diseases or to treat diseases that are particularly difficult to study.
- August 23, 2018 - Drs. Lisa Tall and Krysta Martin interviewed with the Chicken Whisperer.
Listen to their discussion on Poultry Drugs, Egg Withdrawals, Off Label Use, and Veterinary Oversight
- April 9, 2018 - The sponsors of NADA's 047-055, 104-606, and 139-633 request the FDA withdraw these products because they are no longer manufactured or marketed.
- March 2, 2018 - FDA posted the Voluntary Withdrawal of Cupric Glycinate, NADA 031-971.
- January 30, 2018 - FDA and USDA announce formal agreement to bolster coordination and collaboration.
- January 10, 2018 - The USDA drafts rule for eggs, egg substitutes used in many foods.